Friday, January 25, 2008

NOT SO EONS AGO....THE JINX JUNCTION
This was a scene of a car overriding the curb at the traffic light and hitting a pedestrian. Right in front of my house. It was about 3pm in the afternoon? This was after a taxi and a silver car collided at around the same spot in the morning. But all these were nothing compared to what happened the previous night.

I was woken up by police sirens. But i didnt exactly get up until i heard a loud BANG! and then a series of bangs and by the time i reached my living room window, i saw a white lorry and 3 CID cars in a pile-up. Then more sirens as highway patrol cars caught up. By this time there was a small crowd at the void deck of the opposite block and i saw lots of heads sticking out of windows. And yes, my whole family was awake. Haha! I looked at my clock and realised it was about 2am (some of my friends might remember cos i sms-ed them immediately of what happened...SO EXCITING! but sorry i woke u up, bev).

Then we saw several CID officers running out of their cars towards the LRT station. My sis said "Oh this one sure the cars gonna blow up one! That's why they all running away.." But as it turns out they were just running after the criminal who was the driver of the white lorry. Him and his accomplice. Both were caught, one of them under my block as i can hear the screams.

After awhile we saw the officers looking through bushes, with their torches, in front of my block. My dad said he saw the driver threw something out in the bushes just now. CAN IT GET ANY MORE EXCITING THAN THIS?! My mom was sure it was a knife or some sort of murder weapon.

In the news the next day, the criminals were part of a drug syndicate. And the police were trying to bust them for a few months already.. And when they did, i still cant believe its right in front of my house. My cousin even said "You are so lucky!!" Hahaha! Well maybe i am but now i think the whole stretch of road and the junction is jinxed! Look what happened the next day! 2 more accidents! Hence, the JINX JUNCTION.



No comments: