Sunday, January 27, 2008

SUNDAY, 27th January 2008

Ok, transcribing is hard work!!! A 10 minutes speech takes you about 1 hour to transcribe. And guess how long is the speech that I have to transcribe? 1 hr, 37 minutes, and 48 seconds! Azy , you HAVE to help me! I was so stressed I went to youtube and started taking beatboxing lessons! And now i'm officially beat. So i started thinking of stupid-smack-my-forehead-and probably-my-face-too moments.

1. In Anderson Sec,

Salihin: Remember Fariq?
Fariq: When did i ever tell you that?
Salihin: It wasn't you! Your sister told you and then you told me yesterday.
Fariq: Stop adding words into my mouth..and stop adding members into my family!
(Fariq didnt have a sister)

2. During IPW presentation in Sec 2,

Examiner: Why did you decide to make the board colourful?
Jeya: This board was meant for kids and teenagers and we find that they are more attracted to colourful things and that's why the board is colorful so i guess the reason why we made it so colourful is to attract these kids and teenagers as they like colours.
Examiner: Okayyy.....
Group members: Oh no.. Oh no...

3. During recess in Sec 2,

Prashin: Hey Nas, Khairyn, Zakiah!! Come come! 2 people are fighting in the next class...
(After the fight..)
Khairyn: Did you see what the guy with the silver stud on his chin did?
Prashin: That was a silver stud?! No wonder!! I was wondering the whole time why his mole was silver.

4. In a the lecture theatre where they were showing a news clipping with Suzanne Ho as the newsreader. I was sitting in between Nad and Azy.

Nad(proudly): Eh, Suzanne Ho from my school tau.
What i heard: Eh, Suzzane Ho from Mexico tau. (and hence, wondering why she said that proudly..)
5 seconds later...
Azy: Eh Nas, Suzanne Ho from my secondary school tau.
Me: Don't bluff!! Nad just told me she was from Mexico!
Azy: What?! Nad!
By then we had to stop cos the lecturer was staring at us.

5. During assembly, Nad saw this guy who had had an operation on his head.

Nad: Eh look!! That guy has an 'X' on his head. Look look! So cool!
Azy: So what? This girl (pointing to Nad) has an 'L' on her forehead.

6. Nad: Is my hair messy?
Me and Azy: Yes!
Nad: Ok, is it very messy?
Me: uhhh..no.
Nad: Then, ok!

7.
Azy: Hey Nas, do you think it's alright to insert pictures in our written report?
Nas: Ummm...i don't think so.
Azy: Really? Why ah?
Nas: Cos a picture speaks a thousand words and then you'll reach the word limit.

8. Geography tutorial with Ms Sim

Ms Sim: Ok so why do you think there was a post-war boom? What could have increased the birth rate so rapidly? Jasmin?
Jasmin: When the men get back from the war, and when they have not meet their wives for a very long time already, passions run high. And then...
Ms Sim: Hello! We are not writing some cheap erotic novels ok!

9. During Geography lecture,

Mr Chen showed a picture of the Singpore river with bumboats..
Mr Chen: What is the activity going on here?
Somebody: TRADING!

Mr Chen showed a picture of New York and Paris.
Mr Chen: Now this?
Somebody: RETAIL!

Mr Chen showed a picture of all the very tall buildings in Singpore's CBD.
Mr Chen: Ok, how about this one?
Silence...
Mr Chen: C'mon, just give it a shot!
I told Nad, "Skyscrapping..Haha!"
Nad: SKYSCRAPPING!! (and then pointed to me.)

10. Another Geog lecture,

Mrs Pow: What could have influenced the birth rates? Anybody?
Me to Azy: Price of condoms..Haha!
Mrs Pow: Anybody?
Azy: Price of condoms! (and then looked at me.)

11. Riane Franciso is my good friend who cannot speak Malay for nuts but unfortunately takes it as her 2nd language. And we were in the school library and I was waiting for her to pack her stuff.

Riane: Hey Nas! Nanti untuk saya!

I ran away in embarassment.

11. My birthday, 2004.

Hashir: Happy Birthday Nasirah!!!
Me: Oh thank you so much!
Hashir: So what do you want for your birthday?
Me: Eh no no! Its okay. You don't have to get me anything.
Hashir: Do you want an ipod?
Me(thought for awhile...then..): Okay! I want the green one.
Hashir: Sorry..I have no money ah. Do you want a model of the ka'abah instead?
Me: What? No need lah!
Hashir: ohhh..Ipod, you want.. Ka'abah, you don't want. Where are your priorities?!!

12. Azy and Nad skipped Lit tutorial for the 20th time. This time, it's because they wanted to go to the petrol station and buy 1.5l bottled drinks to bring to the Rj vs. Mj soccer finals later that day. Unfortunately for them, their Lit teacher was walking around the school, looking for them. And fortunately for the lit teacher, both of them were in the atrium, in full, plain view of everyone.

Ms Goh: Why are you here?
5 secs later..
Ms Goh: I asked you, why are you here? Answer me.
Nad (lamely..): We skipped Lit.

13. During P.E, while training for 2.4km run..Me, Nad and Azy were walking on the track while most of the rest were...well, running.

Nad: Ok ok..after that yellow thing, we start running again k?
Me and Azy: What yellow thing?!
Nad: There! That one. (She was pointing to a P.E teacher wearing a yellow shirt.)

14. As described by Zakiah...

Hashir: woah, potong rambut nampak...
Zakiah: kau tk realise? aku potong rambut every week.
Hashir(wide eyed): every week? so ur pocket money is used just to cut your hair?
Zakiah: nolar. i cut my hair for 5 bucks.
Hashir(even wider eye): 5 bucks?! where you go? barber eh?

15. Again, as described by Zakiah...

Khairyn, Nasirah, Fifa, Mard n me just got down from 265 at the usual bus stop opp jubilee, and were salam-ing each other b4 we depart diff ways.

Nas n me were to take 86 and the rest were to take the mrt. and there i was standing at the bus stop, with the sun shining directly at me, and so i had my hand over my forehead to block the sun's ray.

And guess what nas did? she high5-ed me... thinking i wanted a high5 in an awkward manner.

*dang*

No comments: