Wednesday, January 23, 2008

TUESDAY, 22nd January 2008
This is the day when i celebrated my birthday with a few of my close secondary school friends. We met at Yishun at 5.30 and had our very early dinner at Sakura (which they didnt allow me to pay for!). Zakiah's supposed to join us but Khairyn and Lisda told me she couldnt make it. They gave me presents! A beautiful butterfly bracelet from Kak Dila (Lisda's eldest sister), a DKNY lipgloss (which smells terrific and eat-able), a book (The Kite Runner!!!) and also Munchy Donuts from the 3 of them!

Then we went to watch One Missed Call (which they didnt let me pay for also!!)which has almost the same storyline as Final Destination. We met Chin Ping who was working at the food counter! And then...while we were inside the dark dark theater, ZAKIAH SHOWED UP!!! They meant to surprise me and boy, was i surprised! Especially since Zakiah was wearing a white tudung and everything else in black and storming her way up to me while Lis and Khairyn insisted that that wasnt Zakiah. It was scary. But the movie was scarier. I watched the movie mostly through a loophole in my bag.. Haha! From now on, that would be my horror movie bag. Before heading home, we took a few more pictures with Zakiah but we had to take a few cos of Zakiah! Her face keeps getting cut off!

On the way home in the bus, i did some thinking. Last time, i used to look forward to my birthday because of the presents. Hey, don't judge me..i bet you are like that too the last time! I mean, you would go to school on your b'day and come back home with lots of presents. But now, i realised i don't care if i didnt get any presents. I'm perfectly happy spending and celebrating my birthdays with the people i care about. I mean, sure the presents make me happy but i'm exhilarated to just spend it with the people that matters. And that, i guess, is what people call growth. Now i just have to grow up and try to watch a horror movie like a normal person...

















No comments: