Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday, 11th February 2008....
I just watched The Pursuit of Happyness starring Will Smith and his real-life son Jaden Smith who's sooo cute. I like this movie and this is my 2nd time watching because it's inspiring and there's a happy ending. But i forgot that apart from the ending, the movie is depressing. Especially now, for me, beacuse a) i'm unemployed, b) i'm thinking of the impending doom that is the Alevels result and c) my pulsating and swollen gum is causing my head to throb.

But nevertheless the movie is great especially with quotes like this.
1) Christopher Gardner: It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I remember thinking how did he know to put the pursuit part in there? That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue and maybe we can actually never have it. No matter what. How did he know that?

2) Manager: What would you say if man walked in here with no shirt, and I hired him? What would you say?
Chris Gardner: He must have had on some really nice pants.

10 year old Jaden Smith plays Christopher.
3) Chris Gardner: [about the spelling mistakes in the graffiti of a building] It's not H-A-P-P-Y-N-E-S-S Happiness is spelled with an "I" instead of a "Y"
Christopher: Oh, okay. Is "Fuck" spelled right?
Chris Gardner: Um, yes. "Fuck" is spelled right but you shouldn't use that word.
Christopher: Why? What's it mean?
Chris Gardner: It's, um, an adult word used to express anger and, uh, other things. But it's an adult word. It's spelled right, but don't use it.

4) Christopher: Hey dad, you wanna hear something funny? There was a man who was drowning, and a boat came, and the man on the boat said "Do you need help?" and the man said "God will save me".
Then another boat came and he tried to help him, but he said "God will save me", then he drowned and went to Heaven.
Then the man told God, "God, why didn't you save me?" and God said "I sent you two boats, you dummy!"


Ok that's all for now. It's time for me to take my antibiotics and painkillers for my gums. Pray for me.

No comments: