Friday, April 11, 2008

FRIDAY, 11th April 2008

Today was orientation, NUS interview and PBMA barbeque day.

I took 86 in the morning. Usually it will take around 20-30 minutes for me to reach yio chu kang. But today is special. Just for me, the bus was caught in 4 different jams on its route from Sengang to Yio Chu Kang. So a journey that would normally take 30 minutes became.....ONE HOUR AND FORTY FREAKING MINUTES! And it didn't help that i was sitting beside this man who was clearly worried about being late for work and he kept adjusting his tie...I wanted to rip his tie off!!! Either that or choke him to death with it. That's when i realised you don't have to be a driver to experience road rage.

To make matters worst, the admin people from NUS called and said my interview slot is now at 1045 instead of 1215. So to recap....
Me, stuck in a jam in the middle of nowhere and can't get down. Orientation starts at 8.30. It was already 8.50. Meanwhile, i still dunno how on earth i am going to get to NUS by 1015. And Mr. Worried beside me was still yanking his tie.

I'm very lazy to continue and it still physically hurts me to talk about it. So let's just say, everything turn out fine. Even the interview. :)

So then i went home and was feeling damn excited about the barbeque later. BUT i forgot that i had tuition at 6 pm!!! Until my mom reminded me. But i was SO sad because there was no way i could make it to the bbq. I decided to try my luck and call all 4 parents to see whether they can send them 1 hour earlier. And they agreed!!! But i was still late for the bbq because of the stupid 965 which was VERY slow. And becase i got lost again (damn you, night-blindness!) i couldn't buy the one tiny thing Lisda asked me to: Matchsticks.

The Survivors. The ones that OUTLAST. OUTWIT and OUTPLAY don't matter in this case. But technically, i didn't 'survive' anything because i came at 8.10.

The very tired NS boys. And the very happy Fariq.

Look at Fariq's schizo fingers! On one hand it is normal, on the other....Let's just say he puts a whole new meaning to giving the 'twist'.


The organisers and the Sheng Shiong lovers. To quote Aqilah (a.k.a Honey Queen): "They have everything Nasirah. EVERYTHING!"
And i bet they learnt one thing: Never go rock-climbing before organising a bbq.
In Lisda's words "Penat nak mampos seh!"
Fadhil didnt have to say anything. Just look at his face.

No comments: