Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dear friends,

Some of you might have heard of my latest plight. It causes me great pain to say this but I guess I can't run away from the truth anymore... MY PHONE WAS STOLEN!!! While I was in a damn packed bus from Malaysia Immigration Checkpoint to the Singapore one.

It wasn't as though I left it unattended but it was actually pickpocketed from my bag. It was bad enough that it was stolen right under my nose but this phone also happens to be my favourite phone so far!

Those who know me can tell you that I change phones every few months and the fact that this phone stuck with me for almost a year now is saying something! And because of that, there were, you know....certain emotional attachment to it.

And now that I lost both my SIM card and 1gb memory card, I've lost all 800+ contacts, 462 pictures and 32 videos!

Of all the countless times I've been to Malaysia, this was the first time I brought my phone with me because I just applied for the Pay-As-You-Roam service the day before(which, by the way, DIDN'T WORK so I might as well left it at home)! The only time I took it out was to....check the time and once, to see where my shoe went in the cinema hall.

And probably the worst thing is, I kinda knew who stole it because when I had time to think about it, the chinese 'lady' standing next to me was the only one who could reach into my bag easily and I remembered that I was annoyed she kept moving her hands cos it made my bag slid (yes! i remember the past tense of slide!) from my shoulder. Okay, actually that's not the worst part... when we were alighting, I accidentally bumped into her and SAID SORRY AND SMILED AT HER! Talk about fraternising with the enemy!

The only thing I could do was to look on the bright side. And I realised the very thin, almost invisible, blow-and-it-goes-away silver lining is that I could get a new phone. Usually this would thrill me like crazy but this time round, I just feel that I would be cheating on my old phone! I lost the will to be thrilled! And i know the only way to make me feel better is if I cheat on my old phone with a hotter and newer model. And perhaps, if I can get all my contacts again.

So if you're reading this, please please give me your number...either email me at nasirah_mansor@hotmail.com, send me a friendster/facebook message or sms me as I'm still using my old number. Here's an advanced THANK YOU! May you make my day better.

No comments: