Thursday, February 14, 2008

THURSDAY, 14th February 2008
The wheels are turning but i'm pretty sure the hamster is dead.

I feel great today! People whom i do not know actually know me! Do you know how great that feels like? I guess i must have done something right during my 2 years in MJ after all! People remember me! SCORE! But before i get too conceited, here's something to bring me back down to earth. Valentine's Day. Urggh! Just a pathetic excuse to allow singletons to wallow in self-pity. I thought that since i'm starting work today, i will be busy and then i would have no time to think about Valentine's Day. Well, i'm wrong. Everyone in MJ was either carrying flowers, chocolates or big shiny balloons...And everywhere people saying, "I can't wait to meet my angel!!!" Ok, i'm sorry but you would have to die first. And then i remembered that it was tradition (since last year, anyway) to play the school-wide Angel&Mortal game for Valentine's Day. Ahhh...sweet memories....

Anyway, i started my day by having to take the attendance of this J1 class cos Ms Sim was late. Haha! I saw Mirah! Ok actually she saw me first. We hello-ed but couldn't really talk cos i had tickings-beside-a-name to do. And then i had free periods before i had back to back classes. They tricked me! When i signed up as relief teacher at MJ, Ms Sim said i will be taking J1s. But all my classes were J2s! And they like to ask very intelligent questions!!! But they were nice people. Very cooperative and responsive. But its still stressful!!! And of course, there were more than a few familiar faces. Khairil and Amir were in that class. When Khairil and his friend realised who i am and that we are of the same age, his friend asked why must call me Miss. Ok, how do you answer that question? But they were all nice people and were surprisingly interested in the things i have to say. They even gave me sweets.

The other class asked a lot of personal questions. Haha! We had fun chatting. Then we spent 5 minutes cursing the overhead bridge outside school. There was Anmari and Elizabeth in that class! It's so nice to see familiar faces. Oh i saw Arvinder too! She is relief teaching econs. And Vijay!!! Gosh it's so nice to see her. And she seems much happier than last year which makes me happy! I talked to Cikgu Rai and Mr Neo during assembly. Cikgu Rai was so sweet and offered to look after my bag while i mark the attendance for A202. Then Mr Neo being Mr Neo shouted, "Nana! You relief teaching ah? So cool! Good luck Cikgu!". Tomorrow i shall find Mr Kwek.

No comments: