Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday, 1st March 2008

4:00pm: Went to Tanglin flea again. And it’s official: I don’t like flea markets. See, the first time I went, I was sick, it was hot and my nose was not only running, it was sprinting. If you know what I mean… So when Azy asked to go again, I thought maybe I should give flea markets another chance. Since I am friends with the Queen Flea a.k.a Nad. (“You see these earrings? Flea market. This top? Also flea market. These jeans for 3 bucks from Zouk flea. And my shoes I bought just now for 4 bucks.”) But it wasn’t any better. I hate digging for stuffs. Let’s just say, I don’t dig flea markets. HAHA! People present: Me, Azy, Azy’s sister, Nad, Haikal, Beverly and Junzhi.

5:00pm: We sat at Macdonald’s while waiting for Wanying and Nad showed us her new Samsung digicam. It is really nice! And then Haikal got too creative with my camera.

Me: Eh, my camera can draw draw tau!
Haikal: Oh cool! Let me see!

Thanks Haikal...I'm on my way to becoming a punk rockstar now...

5:40pm: We decided to make a move cos we are supposed to go to Loraine’s house at Kovan for a class outing. But Azy couldn’t go cos her dad wouldn’t let her. So she and her sis took off first.

6:30pm: As promised, me, Nad and Wanying met Joyce at Dhoby Ghaut station. While waiting….

Nad: Nas, are you still looking for a job?
Me: Not really..Why? You have any openings?
Nad: At my workplace ah…
Me: Don’t want ah! So tiring!
Nad: Yea that’s why! My boss asked me to recommend the job to people I don’t like.
Me: Then why did you recommend me?!


7:00pm: Met Ms Sim, Ying Xieng, Jasmin, Pamela, Marilyn and Samantha at Kovan mrt station. While walking to Loraine’s house, we saw Beverly and her boyfriend, Junzhi.

Everyone: BEV!!!!
Bev: HELLO!

And then she turned away to walk with Junzhi. HAHA! It was funny seeing everyone’s shocked expressions.

After 30 minutes at Loraine’s 3-storey mansion…

Marilyn: Where’s Bear-bear? (Everyone in class has a nickname and Beverly is Bear-bear)
Ms Sim: Bear-bear still walking with Boy-boy.
The okay one:
The gR00vY one:

It was fun swapping stories of holidays and work. We stayed until 10:30pm! I felt so bad making use of Loraine’s house like that.

So anyway, Joyce is relief-teaching at Temasek Secondary and she was telling us all about it.

Joyce: You know, teachers are warned not to use words like “stupid” or “damn”….
Ms Sim: Basically, you have to be everything I’m not.

HAHAH! We all know that Ms Sim’s favourite word is “damn!” and the occasional “bloody hell!”s. But usually to scold herself. She was crowned ‘Miss Self-Inflicted Pain’ before but really, it should be ‘Miss Self-Inflicted Pain and Verbal Abuse’ instead. But we love her all the same. And of course, it doesn’t hurt that she bought for us Singapore’s most expensive brownies!
Friday, 29th February 2008

Today is shopping day! For someone who’s not that employed, I think it is a crime.
Partner in crime: Syaza
Location: Bugis
Punishment: Sore feet and no money left.

30 minutes spent at BHG Bugis Junction while waiting for Syaza.
1 hour at Banquet. 15 minutes for eating. 45 to gossip.
2 hours at Bugis market. I tell you, that place is packed whether weekends or weekdays! And no matter how many times I go there, I am sure to get lost. Today was no better. There was this shop which hung a full-length mirror that reflects the aisle opposite the shop. Syaza walked into the shop, beckoned me over cos she was sure she found a way out and then…. walked straight into the mirror!
45 minutes of shopping at Bugis Junction.

And then we gave up (actually our tired feet gave up) and went home. I think I lost a little of my shopping stamina. OH NO!

No comments: