Friday, May 9, 2008

FRIDAY, 9th May 2008

Ignorance is definitely not bliss! Now i'm like the butt of almost all the jokes in school. Just because i thought 'smoother' is an Indian word! But nevermind lah..i'm quite used to it. Besides, no one will take my words seriously so i can criticise without feeling guilty. That's the very thin, almost negligible silver lining, i guess.
Some random conversations....


"Can I just say 'SHHHH' loudly? I can't stand the noise already!"
"No don't! You don't know the rules here in poly. Maybe the library are talkable."
"What?!"
"I mean, the library can be talked in."
"How about, 'You are allowed to talk in the library'?
"Haiyah same thing!"


"Go that toilet. That's the cleanest toilet!"
"Why would i want to go to the cleaner's toilet?"
"Don't you want to go to the cleanest toilet?"
"NO!"
"Okaaaay..."

Okay, i just discovered my favourite indian sweetmeats....GULAB JAMUN! Thing is, i can never get the name right so it was quite embarassing when ordering.


"I looove jilab gunam!"
"Gulab jamun!"

Later....


"Where's my jalib gumam?!"
"GULAB JAMUN!!!"

But the worst had to be...


"I want jilat gayung!"
"Gayung mana kau nak jilat?!"

I'm sorry but i have spoonerisms! It's not my fault!

Oh, and today, Nad, Azy, Khad, Baya, Sabarina and I went to Naked Fish Shoppe! Thanks guys for coming ALL the way to Yio Chu Kang and thanks Saba for waiting till 3pm!!!

Today was also the day i got to know how it feels like to walk around in total darkness. For practical lesson today, we got to go into the darkroom. You know, the place you have to go if you have to manually develop photos or X-ray film...It was REALLY scary not to be able to see anything! The walls were totally black and there wasn't a single source of light. AT ALL. So we ended up groping the walls (actually, groping each other, more like) to make our way through the winding passageway. At one point of time, i was suay enough to be standing right beside the light switch. Suddenly, there was a hand poking my face and i realised it was my teacher trying to switch on the lights. -_-

No comments: