Monday, February 25, 2008

MONDAY, 25th February 2008

One recurring nightmare since 5 days ago: The A'levels results.

Nightmares include: My result slip got lost along the way to MJ.

I failed every single subject except Biology and i don't even take that subject.

Except for one night when i dreamt that Jesse Metcalfe is in fact, Khairyn's brother and we are both teachers teaching in the same school. That was a great night. :) Ok back to the nightmares. Why do we even have to take the results?! I am happy leading this aimless life; doing household chores and reminding my brother every 10 minutes that nothing good comes from playing games. If i had things my way, the school can keep my results forever.

On a happier note, for the 1st time in my life, i got to watch the Oscars live!! Perks of the unemployed. But i have to tell you, the Oscars are boring. Normally when i watch the 2nd telecast at night, i would fall asleep and my sis would only wake me up when they are presenting Best Actress, Best Actor and Best Motion Picture. Seriously, that's all the parts i want to watch. Besidea the red carpet event, of course! To see actresses in beautiful gowns and reporters shouting, "Who you wearing?" I'm not shallow; just normal. But how's this for shallow: Most of the people there came only to receive the door gift goodie bags worth THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS! How do i know? I just imagine myself as an actress. But then again, if i'm an actress, i wouldn't be good enough to even smell the red carpet of the Kodak Theatre on Oscar night. And even if i'm invited, i would probably sleep after the 1st half an hour.

My thoughts on the Academy Awards:

1) Cate Blanchett should have won at least one award. She was brilliant in 'I'm Not There' and 'Elizabeth: The Golden Age' She was brilliant in 'Notes on a Scandal' too but she wasn't nominated for this role.

2) Jon Stewart is boring! Bring back Billy Crystal!!! Not even Ellen Degeneres can do a better job than Billy Crystal as host.

3) Here's my take on who should be the winners.

Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett for 'I'm Not There'
Best Actress: Ellen Page for 'Juno'
Best Motion Picture: Atonement
Best Actor: This year, i don't care.

4) Prestige aside, it's quite funny to see people getting excited and teary about receiving a statuette of a grumpy, botak man with not very visible facial features and which is made of the alloy britannium and only gold PLATED. But that's just me.

5) I have to ask: Is there no mystery left in movies? Some movie titles are dead giveaways. Take for example, the movie "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" For sure there's no suspense or cliffhangers because it's all in the title!


SATURDAY, 23rd February 2008


Me, my sis and my brother went to Pasir Ris Library! That's when i realised i have a lot of fines for overdue books. And also when i realised that none of the books were familiar and that the person who took my wallet last year must have been using my library cards and not returning the books. Worser realisation: In that wallet, i have my brother's, sister's and mother's cards as well. True enough, they all have fines. So i paid them and cancelled all those library cards. But never mind, i have these to comfort myself:
After that, I bought the most comfortable non-ugly strappy pumps ever! I'm so proud of them! My sister bought a pair of really nice pumps too! Woohoo! I tell you, when a shoe fits, buy it! And then my brother realised he has a thing for turtles and bought a stuffed turtle. Now he has 3 in various sizes!! On the way home, we saved a snail!! We think that it was stuck on the tree trunk cos it was too dry and it wasn't producing enough slime to help it move. We know because we observed the snail for 10 minutes. So we poured water along the tree trunk to help it. I think it worked but we didn't stick around (HAHA!) to find out. I was scared we drowned the snail but my brother said, "Snails pon kadang-kadang kene hujan aper! So ok ah!".
When i reached home i had one last realisation for today. This next part is quite embarassing but i think it's necessary. It will give me pressure to clean up and organise my stuffs. The next time you see these pictures, i assure you that it will be much neater and organised!










Ok but don't judge me!

No comments: