Sunday, August 3, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FARAH!!!

This is the awesomest party I've been to! It was held at Cafe Del Mar and the best part was that it was kept as a secret from dear Farah! Farah, I'm so so sorry I didnt wish you a birthday message but I hope you understand that it was part of the 'plan'.

As you can see, the day didnt start out well what with Nad tricking me and Riane into eating intensely over-dyed sweets. But it wasn't so much 'tricking' since Nad ate it as well. And then Azy forced us to take a picture with our tongues out. Apparently, I was too embarassed to do it but what was more apparent was that I was in between 2 people whose skin were as thick as their tongues were blue.

After what seems like forever, we finally reached Cafe Del Mar but Aziemah and Sery were caught up in traffic so we sat our sandy butts down and played games on Nad's HP mini. Such nerds! But in our defence, it was Nad who brought her HP mini there. So she's a bigger nerd. True story!

After a series of ugly pictures, I thought my camera might need a break so I took this visually-calming picture!


While everyone was busy prepping for Farah's surprise.....

....guess who were the lazy bums of the day! Nad looked she might sleep anytime soon!


But when the food and drinks came, guess who's suddenly awake again?

Azy and her amazingly accurate self photo-taking skills which I'm so grateful for. If either me or Nad tried to take a picture of the 3 of us, I'm pretty sure certain facial anatomies will be cut off.

Finally, the birthday girl has arrived!!! Somebody shouted, "FARAH'S HERE!" and subconsciously we all ducked. Which was stupid because a) we ducked behind metal railings which of course, didnt provide any cover at all and b) she was blindfolded.

The mastermind of the entire party and the surprise was Farah's boyfriend who's in this photo!

I'm so helpful, I know... Hehe.

Self-absorbed kids blowing bubbles. Haha.

Then, it was time to cut the cake! I think Farah tried blowing the candle 6 times before she realised we used magic self-rekindling candles! I think I would have collapsed from oxygenatal shortage before that. Wait, if i'm blowing out carbon dioxide, why would I collapse from oxygenatal shortage?

Everyone seemed to enjoy the fact that Farah was having a hard time blowing out the candles. Everyone except Nad and Riane who were damn hungry and who, I distinctively remembered, were eyeing the food the whole time. Self-absorbed kids!

Nothing beats sunset at Sentosa with warm company to boot...
Time to eat! And somehow the balloon ALWAYS seems to be covering someone's face!

WE LOVE YOU FARAH!

You know, till now, I am so grateful that we were roomates in London.
If you truly wanna know a person, nothing beats going to a foreign country and rooming in together for 2 weeks. Right?
Thank God for London, I've discovered another down-to-earth, fun and easy-going person which can be so hard to come by in MJ.
Oh, in case you're wondering, I'm referring to you, Farah. Haha.

Remember we used to stay up late just talking?
Or eat fresh berries from Sainbury's across our hotel?
Or to listen to Farhan and Sharvin gossiping next door?
Or pretending to listen to Riane's "inspiring" story which put everyone to sleep?

Best time of my life! Except the last part...Sorry Riane but I really couldn't understand your story! If it makes you feel better, no one could...Right Farah?

Anyway, after 2 years of studying in that hell-hole, I'm so thankful that we're still friends...I remebered just after A'levels, you asked me out for lunch but I was busy and then you said, "Ok, but I really don't want us to be friends-just-in-school-but-not-after-that!"
Don't worry, we are not! And we won't be!

Special shout-out to Aziemah and Sery for organising such an awesome party and for letting us be a part of a wonderful celebration. And special thanks to Shahrul for cooking up the idea in the first place!

No comments: